Spinal & Extremity Manipulation Weekend Intensive
Our rehabilitation specialists team up for a weekend intensive course in Owensboro, Kentucky. This course is focused on spinal and extremity manipulation and applying these principles to clinical practice with an evidence-based approach.
Topics of Discussion:
- Spinal and extremity manipulation integrated to develop clinical reasoning skills
- Practitioner ergonomics and techniques for all body types
- Hands-on labs and individual attention to help refine your technique
Licensed physical therapists. Approved for 15 contact hours by the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Explain the efﬁcacy of spinal and extremity manipulation for various clinical presentations
- Compare and contrast HVLA thrust techniques with other manual therapy techniques
- Be knowledgeable regarding the current evidence surrounding spinal and extremity manipulation
- Demonstrate vertebrobasilar evaluation process and discuss the controversy surrounding these procedures
- Understand the physiological effects of manipulation
- Perform at least three safe and effective cervical manipulation techniques
- Perform at least ﬁve safe and effective thoracic and costovertebral manipulation techniques
- Perform at least ﬁve safe and effective lumbosacral manipulation techniques
- Perform at least ﬁve lower extremity manipulation techniques
- Perform at least ﬁve upper extremity manipulation techniques
John Mark Tyler
DC- Chiropractor, Personal Trainer
John Mark was born in Jackson, Mississippi. In 2003, he found his way to the University of Evansville where he pursued his college soccer career and undergraduate degree. In 2011, John Mark then graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic in Chesterfield, MO.
John Mark has a passion for sports performance and family wellness. He enjoys being able to incorporate therapeutic exercise and nutritional counseling into his treatment sessions with patients. John Mark is Graston Level 1 Certified, Level 1 Certified in Functional Dry Needling, is a Certified Personal Trainer by the NCCA, and is a Certified Level 1 Crossfit Coach.
He enjoys staying active, snow skiing, teaching fitness classes, and being with his family. He is married to Shelly Tyler. They are able to combine their passions into one organization and make an impact on the Owensboro community.
DPT, COMT, OCS, FAAOMPT- Physical Therapist, Vice President, Clinic Director
Shelly, a native of Owensboro, graduated from University of Evansville in 2010 with her Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT). Following graduation, she has completed her Certificate of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (COMT) through the Ola Grimsby Institute and obtained her Orthopaedic Certified Specialist (OCS) board certification in 2013. In 2016, Shelly graduated from Regis University as Owensboro’s first and only Fellow of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy.
Shelly is certified in Level 1 and 2 Functional Dry Needling, Functional Movement Systems, the Selective Functional Movement Assessment, and Y-balance Testing. She is a credentialed clinical instructor through the APTA and teaches as an adjunct professor at the University of Evansville.
Shelly is married to Dr. John Mark Tyler, and they have two boys, Grayson and Paxton, and one girl, Abbi Grace. They love their local church and the Owensboro community. Her interests include: playing the violin, dancing, yoga, running, snow skiing, cooking, painting, and spending time with her family.
No dates scheduled at this time. Please contact us for a private in-house course hosting.
Course Registration: Please contact for registration prices and private course rates.
Please contact Shelly Tyler for more information [email protected]